Locality Social Work teams – two teams based in Patchway Hub and two further teams based in Kingswood Hub.
This is a great opportunity to join one of our dynamic locality teams in one of our multi-agency hubs. Each team consists of a Team Manager, Senior Social Worker and a combination of six Advanced/Social Workers and two social work assistants. We are seeking versatile, enthusiastic and experienced social/advanced social workers with knowledge and experience of statutory social work including child protection, PLO, child in need and Looked After Children. South Gloucestershire is committed to the Signs of Safety Model and knowledge of this would be an advantage.
- Case holding responsibility for child in need, child protection and PLO/Court cases and initial LAC children.
- Completion of assessments including Single Assessments, viability assessments, parenting assessments and sibling assessments. Being able to effectively assess and analyse risk is key to this.
- Preparation of court reports, attending court and giving evidence
- Direct work with children using Signs of Safety to ensure their voice is evident in all work.
- Family work/intervention using Signs of Safety
- Working closely and jointly with other professionals
- As an advanced social worker, support & mentoring of lesser experienced staff.
Social workers must be able to drive and have access to a car.
In return South Gloucestershire Council will offer regular reflective supervision, training and professional development opportunities including our career advancement initiative for Social Workers wishing to attain Advanced Social Worker status, flexible working arrangements including work from home and an excellent benefits package as part of the Avon Pension Fund.
If you are looking for a fulfilling career with our Long Term Social Care teams – perhaps you have experience of child protection, children in need and safeguarding, or perhaps you are interested in this area of practice – please email us and we will contact you to discuss your experience and your options further.